The Chester County Government wants you to know the necessary first steps for the region to receive necessary disaster aid. Municipalities must collect data to meet the criteria for a Major Presidential Disaster Declaration.
If your business or you personally have been affected:
- Contact your Municipality- Borough or Township - and say you would like to report storm damage to the Emergency Management Coordinator. Find your municipality's phone number here.
- Document everything with photos of the damage and keep receipts of things you needed to repair and clean out.
- For additional resources on cleaning up after the flood, here is a link to the County’s Flood Recovery Guide.
- If your employees need housing in Chester County, they can call 2-1-1 and indicate they need housing services.
- The Major Presidential Disaster Declaration will make available low-interest loans from the Small Business Administration (SBA) for businesses to make repairs and possibly cover operating losses due to the disaster. More information on the SBA program may be found here: https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/disaster-assistance
We have witnessed first hand the resiliency of communities and the impact of neighbors helping neighbors. To best serve the community and be of the most help, it is best to support in a coordinated fashion where possible.
If your business has not been directly impacted, this is how you can help:
- Share this information with anyone who can use it.
- Contact your local municipality to see how you can help.
The Exton Region Chamber will provide more updates from the County as they become available.